[Generale] Fwd: stop software patents European petition - release candidate 1

Paolo Sammicheli webmaster a siena.linux.it
Mer 8 Ott 2008 13:01:39 BST

Ricevo e inoltro,

ci può pensare qualcuno?

----------  Messaggio inoltrato  ----------

Subject: stop software patents European petition - release candidate 1
Date: martedì 7 ottobre 2008
From: Ivan F. Villanueva B. <ivan a ffii.org>
To: webmaster a siena.linux.it

Dear Sir/Madam,
we are contacting you because we think
	Siena LUG
will be interested in supporting the new petition we are
working on to stop software patents in Europe. We aim to be able to
demonstrate a big support against software patents.

Taking into consideration the thousands of comments on
    <http://stopsoftwarepatents.eu/draft>
, we have written a release candidate for the petition text (see the
link below).

Notice that we are going to explain the different paragraphs on a second
web page, but this won't be part of the petition text to be signed,
which should be kept as short as possible.

We would appreciate if you could have a look at the petition text and
inform us if your organisation is likely to agree with it, and how could
you support the petition. For these we have created a web form for you
at the beginning of the text on

    <http://stopsoftwarepatents.eu/rc1/42135503/>

(Private policy issue of the link above: in order to be able to know
which association has already seen/commented the text, we are tracking
it. Thanks in advance for your understanding.)

For your information: each supportive association will get from us a
customized link to the petition for their members/supporters/customers.
We will be able to customized how the petition works for the persons you
will hopefully ask to sign the petition.

For instance, after one of them has signed the petition, a link can be
displayed on the web page of the petition pointing to

    <http://siena.linux.it/>

Please don't hesitate contacting us for this or anything else.

Kind regards,
Ivan F. Villanueva B.
(FFII active member, former board member and entrepreneur)
Initiator of <http://stopsoftwarepatents.eu>

--
webmaster a siena.linux.it
SLUG - Siena Linux User Group